Yogyakarta Principles +10
We are commemorating the 10th anniversary of the Yogyakarta Principles.
On November the 26th, 2016, Yogyakarta Principles turned 10 years since they have been released. We celebrate this anniversary with actions to highlight the impact the Principles have had on the lives of LGBT people, the potential they created for civil society, and the work that needs to be done going forwards.
- The Yogyakarta Principles on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity: Marking ten years of SOGI jurisprudence. By Arvind Narrain.
- The Yogyakarta Principles on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity: Establishing the Universality of Human Rights. By Pooja Patel and Arvind Narrain.
- Five thing activists should know about the impact of Yogyakarta Principles 10 years after. ARC International Executive Director Kim Vance reflects on the impact the Yogyakarta Principles have had on the last 10 years, and on how the situation is moving forward.
- From Yogyakarta with Love is an animation video that APCOM produces to facilitate a meaningful understanding of the Principles and to encourage their use and their promotion.
- TRANScending Beautiful. Photographer Darvesh Singh first solo exhibition showcases portraits of transgendered individuals highlighting the Yogyakarta Principles.